Using Meditation to help you fall asleep
Meditation is a great way to help you fall asleep!
I have described below some exercises you can use to relax your mind and body which in the end will help you fall into a fitful sleep.
1. Lie down on your bed and get yourself comfortable. Take 5 deep breaths by breathing in through your nose and out through your mouth. Your breaths out should represent the feelings and thoughts you have had during the day leaving your mind.
2. Don't worry if your mind is still busy, instead let your thoughts wash over you and don't resist them.
3. Concentrate on the areas that your body touches the bed. Feel yourself sinking into the mattress, note where your body is more in contact with your bed.
4. Try to take notice of any sensations you feel, or sounds you hear. Try to concentrate on the sensation you are feeling and enjoy it. If you can hear a sound, listen to it for 30 seconds and then try to bring your attention back to the sensations you are feeling.
5. Now mentally scan down your body. Each time you do this, feel where you are tense and work on these areas to try to relax them more. A good method is to tense the muscle and then slowly release and do this several times until that part of the body feels relaxed.
6. Now turn your attention to your breathing.Breath in through your nose and out through your mouth several times until you feel relaxed, don't rush this and do it at your own pace.
7. By now you should be feeling very relaxed.Continue to mentally scan your body but this time go to each individual muscle and ask it to rest. Start from your feet and work your way up your body.
8. Allow your mind to wander and hopefully by now you will be feeling sleepy and relaxed.